Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Users

We'd be hard pressed to find someone who thinks "using a person" is a good thing.

We hear it all the time. "He used me, she used me. I'm devastated. How can I go on? Wah Wah Wah!"

Then u get the flip side who says "that no one can be used without their consent."

What's my point?

Well, using, no matter how you slice it, is wrong. Let's be honest, keeping someone around you primarily for your benefit is wrong.

If you have zero romantic interest in someone but keep them around for their financial, social, benefit to you, you're a user and you're wrong for it. Karma is gonna bite you in the butt.

What prompted this?

Well, I did a big girl thing today.

Remember The Italian?

Well, he's been lurking in the shadows. Has he been a support? Absolutely -emotionally and financially. However, guys always have a hope for more, and I new this each time I accepted his money and took his calls.

Well, today he called he went through the usual "I still love you" crap. This time I told him the truth. No I didn't say "I only keep you around for your money and to stroke my ego". I simply told him that the liklihood of us ever getting back together was slim to none.

THAT'S the truth. When I can speak the truth, that's when I'm absolutely FREE!

All I have in this life is me. I can't afford to lie to myself. Hey, I don't want anyone using me for money, affections, attention or companionship, so why do it?

Keeping the good karma channel clear, free and ready to receive.

2 comments:

ashmc2 said...

I would have to agree with you.

A relationship has to be a 2-way street.

Later, Ash out...

Amanda said...

Living by our convictions is truly one of the best gifts we can give to ourselves!