Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Living On Purpose.

I've been thinking about "purpose" lately.

It's one thing we all have in common; hence, the millions of books on the market about purpose.

It seems that my life has been one "cause" after another.

What do I mean?

Well, it seems I qualify my existence by what and how much I can do for other people. Let's call it the "mama instinct".

My "mama instinct" has had me:
- Attend PTA meetings for kids that aren't mine;
- Taking my rime to assist job search;
- Listening to husbands bitch;
- Drafting press kits for FREE;
- Volunteering for stuff b/c people need help;

The list could go on and on, but it seems I always seek out people who need "help".

I'm a chick in search of a cause. And when there is no cause, I feel, well, unfulfilled, or at least that's how I act sometimes.

Hmmm, I think my sister once told me that I'm an enabler, and that I gravitate toward people with issues. I think she was right; Was because I no longer care as much.

I would care so much for people and when I needed their support, they were gone with the wind.

There's a lot that I still want to do, but truthfully if my life never changed from the way it is now, I'd be ok. (I've thought about the truth in that statement a lot before actually being able to type those words.)

Kudos for me, I say.

I've been blessed to be so many different things to so many people.

I've lived to have someone ask me for an autograph, tell me how much I've changed their life, ask to marry me (and meant it), loved, lost love and found love again.

I've been a model, actress, marathon runner, blood giver, pet owner, author, publicist, shero.

God has blessed me because I actively sought NONE of those things.

Where was I going with this post?

Hmmm.

1 comment: