Monday, July 9, 2007

How Do I Juggle My Worlds?

I have Several Worlds:
Me in my skin
Me & God
Work people
Family
Modeling buddies
Acting Associates
High School friends
College Friends
Public Relations
NY Friends
Friends in other states


Lately the only worlds that have been getting any attention are "me in my skin" and "work". I just haven't learned, figured out, whatever , exactly how to juggle all of those blasted worlds.

To be honest, well, I can't escape me, so the "me in my skin" world is a keeper.

Next, I go where I am ginormously happy;

Last, I kinda have to go to work. (Yes I have to because I don't like the alternative).

That's it.

There are friends I haven't seen or spoken to in quite a while. Not for lack of desire, but if I'm honest. I'll admit that seeing them and talking to them are not high on my list of priorities.

WAIT, now before I'm crucified, let me be clear. I just feel the need to be alone right now. I feel like I only have energy to do and to be the bear minimum. I don't have the energy for shoot the shit conversations. It's not that I'm not interested, its just that my head is full, really full.

Should I try to, you know, preserve the friendship?

Yeah, maybe I'll set an alarm to call people, but then I've gotta listen to at least 20 minutes of them talking, and quite honestly, I don't want to hear it. I have so much that I am doing, so much that I need to do and so much that I'm fighting to get done, that 20 minutes where I am not doing something to make me better or make me feel better seems like a waste.

Yeah, yeah I know its not a waste because I am "maintaining relationships with people who care about me", but honestly, the first 5 months of this year, were so bloody exhausting, tahat I realy need a break from everyone's self-esteem.

I need to be replenished.

Keeping to myself and being around people that makes me happy is the only way I know
how.

So, some worlds are gonna drop.

Hope they bounce.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

To be honest...at 2 months (of any relationship) I couldn't even think about other people yet. ;)