Saturday, May 12, 2007

Bipolar's Bad Rap

I had a hard February - April.

It was hard to learn that I'm a defective product. Then again, those were the messages fed to me, and the messages I chose to believe.

I saw myself as defective, and I subsequently acted defective. I had more physical altercations in April than in my 30 years on earth combined!

Bipolar became a reason for everything, when most times it was just my nasty, bitchy, pessimistic outlook on life causing the trouble.

Bipolar got a bad rap.

No more.

I took back the power. I may be a couple cc's short of serotonin, but I am not the wacko that the media, doctors and society may try to portray me to be.

People can only make me feel ashamed if I ALLOW them.

I'm not ashamed of being bipolar, just like I'm not ashamed of being asthmatic or of being 5"7'.

Bipolar characterizes one small part in a greater whole, and my whole, ROCKS!

So thankful, for a mind at peace. I pray that all my readers one day achieve the peace that I know today.

3 comments:

ashmc2 said...

Yes, I do hope to some day feel the way you feel today. I do like some of my BP properties, yet some leave my whole wanting.

Butterfly said...

I know.

I love the "good mania". I love when I can go and go and go and go and not be tired. I get soooo much done!

Amanda said...

I made peace with this part of myself over the weekend too. Bipolar can be a PITA...or a gift and a lesson, it all depends on how I look at it.