Thursday, March 8, 2007

Kept My Head Right

Today was an interesting day.

I felt like me.

I was productive at work, social, I even went on a non-planned date...of sorts.

Well, I had trouble leaving home today; just seemed safer to stay inside. However, I did manage to leave, and once I did, I felt okay.

Maybe it was my sunglasses.
Maybe I was warm.
Maybe I'm making progress.

Truth is, I actually spoke to myself all the way to the train.

What was I saying?

My usual mantra:

Butterfly you're fine, you"ll be okay, you can do this, baby steps, you're a big girl.

I repeated my mantra while counting steps. The counting helps me cope, and helps me set small milestones like walking to the red car, then the gray car, then the big tree or lump of snow.

Hey, anything that helps me cope.

I purposefully left my Ipod at home. So, once I got on the train, I read my bible aloud.

I killed two birds with one stone: not only was I reading my bible (something I want to do more of), but also reading aloud helped me to focus and to drown out the other voices in my head.

High effort day, but I feel good.

No comments: