Monday, March 5, 2007

Bipolar and Christianity

I was recently told that "depression is not of God."

What was basically meant by the statement is that my being depressed is a result of me yielding to sin and satan instead of yielding to faith and God.

Can you believe it?

According to that Christian, each depressed episode buys me a ticket on the express train to hell.

Utter hogwash!

Where does a chemical imbalance come into play?

Some Christians really believe that God would predestine me for hell by allowing me to have a chemical imbalance that makes me depressed.

Doesn't that belief contradict the notion of a fair and benevolent God?

Again, I say it: Utter Hogwash!

I'm not going to hell and neither are my fellow bips.

I've got your back and so does my God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I randomly came across your blog when I was researching Christians who suffered from bipolar disorder. I was diagnosed back in January and am struggling with trying to maintain my moods, even with the new meds that I'm on.

It's good to know another Christian out there who knows what I'm going through.